Cheesy Mashed Potato Spring Rolls Are The Best Snack Ever
If I had to choose a favorite side, anything with potatoes would probably be it. But if you forced me to narrow it down further, it’d be a tie between french fries and mashed potatoes.
On the one hand, mashed potatoes are so smooth, but I love that fries are crunchy and super salty. But what happens when you combine my favorite aspects of both…and throw in some cheese and bacon? Well, you get this ridiculously tasty recipe for mashed potato spring rolls!
To make these tasty apps on your own, just follow these easy instructions.
- 2 cups of mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of crumbled bacon
- 2 green onions (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
- Sliced cheddar cheese
- Package of wonton wrappers
- Bowl of water
- Oil for frying
- Sour cream
- Combine the potatoes, egg, bacon, green onions, parsley, garlic powder, and onion powder and mix.
- Take one wonton wrapper, put a dollop of the potato mix in the center and top with a slice of cheese.
- Wrap the wonton like a burrito or spring roll, dab your finger in the water and use it like a glue to seal the edges together. Repeat with all the wrappers and mixture.
- Fry in cooking oil for four minutes and serve with sour cream!